Some tips for Pedal for PrizesPosted: May 15, 2012
Old Brooklyn Pedal for Prizes takes place this Saturday!
Here are some helpful hints for you for the event:
* Pedal for Prizes is completely free and open to cyclists of all ages and skill levels. It’s a family-friendly event!
* If you’re driving your bike to the event, Loew Park has a limited number of parking spaces. However, there plenty of on-street places to park. We just ask everyone to please be respectful to our Old Brooklyn neighbors.
* Registration begins at 12 noon. At Loew Park, you’ll sign a release form and receive a map of twenty-two destinations and a punch card. Cyclists are free to go on their way to as many destinations as they’d like in any order.
* Helmets are strongly encouraged, but not required. We ask for everyone to obey traffic laws while participating in Pedal for Prizes. Also, a lock will come in handy for when you
* We suggest bringing cash in case you’d like to get lunch at a local establishment or a cold drink someplace in Old Brooklyn.
* Pop UP Pearl will be happening at the same time as Pedal for Prizes, and as many as three destinations may be located throughout the street festival. It will also be going on after Pedal, so there will still be plenty to see or do after Pedal’s raffle.
* Check out our sponsors page to see who has contributed prizes that you can win!
Please check back for more tips! Thanks for your support!